QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 6620|回复: 6

贝茨方法书籍:《不戴眼镜的完美视力》序言

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-9-3 11:35:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

本文翻译完毕,查看完整版

PREFACE

This book aims to be a collection of facts and not of theories, and insofar as it is, I do not fear successful contradiction. When explanations have been offered it has been done with considerable trepidation, because I have never been able to formulate a theory that would withstand the test of the facts either in my possession at the time, or accumulated later.

序言

这本书的目的是要收集事实而不是理论,正如它自身那样,我不会害怕成功的反驳。当我解释完之后,巨大的不安也已经消失了,因为我决不会公式化这样一种理论,它能够经受我当时掌握的或今后收集的事实的考验。

[此帖子已经被作者于[lastedittime]1220929942[/lastedittime]编辑过]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-9-4 10:46:46 | 显示全部楼层
The same is true of the theories of every other man, for a theory is only a guess, and you cannot guess or imagine the truth. No one has ever satisfactorily answered the question, "Why ?"

这同样也适用于其他任何人的理论,因为一种理论只能算是一种猜想,并且你不能猜想或想象事实的真相。从来没有人圆满地回答过这个问题,“为什么?”
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-5 10:02:23 | 显示全部楼层
as most scientific men are well aware, and I did not feel that I could do better than others who had tried and failed. One cannot even draw conclusions safely from facts, because a conclusion is very much like a theory, and may be disproved or modified by facts accumulated later.

正如大多数科学界人士都很清楚的那样,我没有认为我可以比那些已经尝试和失败的人做得更好。任何人甚至不能根据事实得出准确的结论,因为一种论断非常象一种理论,并且可能会由于今后更多累积的事实而被反驳或修改。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-6 11:22:12 | 显示全部楼层
In the science of ophthalmology, theories, often stated as facts, have served to obscure the truth and throttle investigation for more than a hundred years. The explanations of the phenomena of sight put forward by Young, von Graefe, Helmholtz and Donders have caused us to ignore or explain away a multitude of facts which otherwise would have led to the discovery of the truth about errors of refraction and the consequent prevention of an incalculable amount of human misery.

在眼科学中,如同事实一般被宣称的理论,已经被用来掩盖真相和抹杀调查一百多年了。阳·冯·格雷夫、赫尔姆霍茨和唐德斯对视觉现象的解释,使我们不再理会或辩护大量的事实,否则,就会导致屈光不正真相的发现,并相应的预防一个无法估量的人类苦难。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-7 12:02:10 | 显示全部楼层
In presenting my experimental work to the public, I desire to acknowledge my indebtedness to Mrs. E. C. Lierman, whose co-operation during four years of arduous labor and prolonged failure made it possible to carry the work to a successful issue.

在向公众介绍我的实验工作时,我希望鸣谢恩惠于我的E·C·莱尔曼夫人,在四年的艰苦工作和持续失败中,她的合作使工作走向圆满成功成为可能。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-8 11:56:19 | 显示全部楼层
I would be glad, further, to acknowledge my debt to others who aided me with suggestions, or more direct assistance, but am unable to do so, as they have requested me not to mention their names in this connection.

另外,我还会很高兴的感谢另外一些人,他们给予我建议或更直接的援助,虽然他们要求我不要在这方面提他们的名字,但我不能这样做。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-9-9 09:59:13 | 显示全部楼层
As there has been a considerable demand for the book from the laity, an effort has been made to present the subject in such a way as to be intelligible to persons unfamiliar with phthalmology.

由于本书相当的需求量来自外行人,对不熟悉眼科学的人,本书努力采用使其感到浅显易懂的方式介绍话题。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|国际明目网 版权所有 ( 粤ICP备06119711号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 17:03 , Processed in 0.070885 second(s), 15 queries .